How Your Declining Balance Plan Works
These plans provide a straight declining balance that can be used at all on-campus dining locations at any time. As a bonus, these plans come with guest meals that can be used at our 3 "All-You Care-To-Eat" dining locations, Bates Diner, Gibbes Court and Honeycomb Café. These plans provide sales tax savings and complimentary meals which can’t be realized when using Cash, Credit Cards or Carolina Ca$h.
FAQ – Declining Balance Plans
How does my declining balance plan work?
You can spend your Meal Plan Dollars or MPD ($1500, $1300 or $825) at all 31 dining locations. It works similar to a debit card, every purchase is dollar for dollar.Unused Declining Balance Dollars expire at the end of the semester.
Where can I use my declining balance dollars?
Your declining balance dollars can be used at any of our 31 on-campus locations. Even at Starbucks? Yes, but not the one in the bookstore.
Are there savings associated with my declining balance plan?
Yes, all purchases within our operations are Tax-Free when using declining balance dollars. The complimentary meals associated with each plan have a $10 value for each meal.
Where can I use my guest meals?
Guest meals associated with the declining balance plans can be used at Gibbes Court Bistro, Honeycomb Café and Bates House Diner. Guestmeals expire at the end of each semester.
Can I use my declining balance dollars outside of the 31 dining locations on campus?
No, declining balance dollars can only be used in dining locations on-campus (excluding Bookstore Starbuck’s). Parking, vending, copy, etc. can’t be used with declining balance plan.
Is my meal plan refundable if I am suspended during the semester?
Your meal plan is not refundable if you're suspended during the semester.
- Traditional Plans
- Preston's College Plans
- Commuter/Upperclassman Plans
- Traditional Plan FAQ
- Purchasing a Meal Plan
- Designed for All-You-Care-To-Eat dining locations
- Meal swipes can be used in retail dining locations with retail meal swipe credit (See below for details)
- Use up to 4 meal swipes per day
- Only one meal swipe can be used per meal period
- Meal swipes expire at the end of each week (Start Friday Breakfast - End Thursday Late Night)
- Tax-free spending at all 31 dining locations
- Designed to help pay for snacks, coffee, or overages at retail locations when using a meal swipe
- Great for special events and for extra meals throughout the week
- Unused Meal Plan Dollars expire at the end of each semester
Breakfast: 6:00 a.m. - 10:59 a.m.
Lunch: 11:00 a.m. - 3:59 p.m.
Dinner: 4:00 p.m. - 11:59 p.m.
Late Night: 12:00 a.m. - 3:00 a.m.
Late Night: $7.15